Joseph Amoah

Shama District Assembly sets 2019 revenue targets at GH10 million

A total of ten million, One thousand, One hundred and seventy-seven Ghana Cedis, revenue target is being considered by the Shama District Assembly for the 2019 financial year. This amount is a pool of revenue sources; from the District Assemby Common Fund (DACF), District Development Fund (DDF), Government of Ghana (GoG), Departmental transfers and other funding support from Developmental Partners, and finally from the Assembly’s Internally Generated Fund (IGF).

In all about 84 percent (GH 8,387,917.00) of this revenue target would emanate from state coffers and developmental partners, whilst the remaining 16 percent (GH 1,613,260.00) is expected to be IGF.

District Budget Analyst, Emmanuel Nana Yartel giving some highlights of the budget, at a general assembly meeting yesterday remarked that “even though the greater part of the revenue for the implementation of the assembly’s budget is from external sources, it is believed that the various strategies put in place for the ensuing year will help augment the assembly’s internally generated fund towards the realisation of the 2019 budget”

It is estimated that while 42.55 percent (GH 4,156,306.00) of the generated revenue is spend on capital project like construction of classroom blocks, CHIPS compund, market sheds, and community initiated projects, 20.66 percent (GH 2,017,780.00) will expended on employees compensation (wages and salaries), with the remaining 36.79 percent (GH 3,593,831.00) on goods and services.

The various budget programs receieved the following allocations: Social Service delivery 46.36 percent (GH 4,528,767.15), Economic Development 9.84 percent (GH 961,355.70), Management and Administration 28.84 percent (GH 2,816,981.92) , Infrastructure Management and Delivery, 11.99 percent (GH1,170,812.23), and Environmental Management 2.97 percent (GH 290,000.00).

These were contained in a summary note of the assembly’s provisional budget for 2019. The budget was approved after some corrections and inputs by members of the assembly.

 

Story: Abraham Mensah/Skyy News

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *