It has been another goose chase for the state security agencies investigating the kidnap of the three girls in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis. The suspected kidnapper Samuel Udoeturk-Wills told the court last week that one Kwesi and an officer with the Criminal Investigation Department of the Ghana Police Service aided his escape from cells at the Takoradi Central Police Station in December last year.
After a tiring pursuit on the lead, the police couldn’t identify nor arrest the said civilian; Kwesi, state prosecutor, who is head of operations at the Bureau for National Investigation, Lord Nyatewie told the media.
At another sitting by the Takoradi Magistrate Court today, the suspect pleaded for more time to help nab his accomplices. No mention was however made of investigations to unravel the CID Officer behind Udoeturk Wills’ escape.
The case has been adjourned to March 4, 2019, for which the court, according to the Magistrate Judge Mr Michael Ampadu, will afford the suspect provide sufficient defense and proof of persons (accomplices) he’s mentioned in the case.